Mineral face powder is an essential make-up product as it can be used in many ways. It covers small skin flaws and eliminates shining caused by sweat or greasiness offering a silky, mat finish.
After applying foundation we can use face powder in order to have a smooth, uniform result and stabilize our make-up. It also prevents the appearance of shining that is caused by sweat or greasiness of the skin. If you want to use face powder for finishing and stabilizing your foundation choose a loose mineral powder that will provide a smooth finish and uniformity of color. For a better result start by applying powder using a pom-pom from the center of your face outwards. Then take of the remaining quantity using a big brush.
Usinf face powder as base
If you have a face without marks or intense wrinkles you can use face powder alone as a base for your make-up. This is the ideal solution for young women or for those who do not want to use heavy make-up or covering products. Of course its coverage ability is not as effective as using foundation but it has the advantage of a more natural look. When you use it by itself, choose a loose mineral powder in a color that is as close as possible to your skin’s color. Take a lot of powder using the pom-pom or special brush. Apply to your face by tapping gently. Give special attention to your nose, forehead and chin because there is usually more sweat and greasiness in these areas.
Tips for the use of mineral powder
- Compact powder is great for quick fixing of your make-up, especially out of home, however the loose form has more light texture and more covering effect.
- Mineral powder can help your lipstick last longer. Before applying lipstick tap your lips with a small amount of face powder.
- Mineral powder can also make eyelashes look more intense. Before mascara apply a little powder on your eyelashes.
- You should avoid using mineral powder in areas with wrinkes as it makes them more apparent.
- It is very important to keep your mineral powder pom-pom and brushes clean.